Projects considered important for the local community could involve education, research, public advocacy, campaigns, improvement of conditions of life/work of specific target groups, etc. It is expected that project should bring about applicable results, such as: publication of the results of the research with recommendations for national and/or local policies, suggestions for policy paper proposals, internet portals, manuals for education, infrastructure improvement, and other.
Projects should be in line with relevant strategic documents at both local and national level.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Civil society organizations
- Non-formal groups
In order for your project to qualify for a grant within “Start up for Science” program 2017, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- For individuals: that you are either pursuing your Ph.D. or that you have received your Ph.D. after 1 January 2010
- For legal entities and non-formal groups: that team leader is either pursuing Ph.D. or has received Ph.D. after 1 January 2010
- That you are applying with a new project in one of three fields referred, which will be implemented at national or local level
- Additional: individuals and members of non-formal groups need to have permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia.
How to apply?
Everyone must submit:
- Completed Application Form
- Team members’ CVs
- For a team leader/individual: certificate of pursuing Ph.D. studies, scanned Ph.D. diploma (degree certificate) and a list of scientific references
- Letter of intent/consent/permission/partnership of relevant institution(s) from local community, necessary for project realization
- For CSOs: Decision on Incorporation from Business Registers Agency and Statute
- For institutions: memo letter signed by director/authorized person representing the institution where it is clearly stated this institution supports the project proposal that is submitted for the competition
- For individuals and members of non-formal groups: scanned copies of identity cards
Please submit the required documents as PDFs, except scanned documents (as .PNG and .JPG). For subject field of email please write: SUS Competition Application 2016/17 Name&Surname, name Application Form as AFprojecttitle and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
After the documentation has been received, within 48 hours you will receive a confirmation of reception and potentially a request to submit additional documents. If not, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone 060/0212260.
After the examination of applications received, the expert committee will select projects that have qualified for the next selection round. Second round of selection consists of an interview of project leaders with the members of the committee (for teams, presence of all team members is required). Following the interview, the committee will adopt a unanimous final decision on the projects that will be supported.
- Scientific basis of the project
- Quality of project proposal
- Project social impact
Forms of spending and requirements
Grants in the amount of RSD 600,000 each shall not be allocated to the project leaders, yet the money for goods, services, associates’ fees and other needs of the final beneficiary shall be paid against proforma invoices.
The leaders of the supported projects have to sign the Cooperation Contract with the Centre for leadership development, the organization implementing “Start up for Science” program.
Leaders of the supported projects undertake to submit final report upon the completion.
Leaders of the supported projects undertake to mention “Start Up for Science” program in every publication that originates as the result of the supported project.
Leaders of the supported projects agree to take part in the promotion of “Start Up for Science” program (interviews, photos, video material, electronic and printed media, TV, newsletters, Internet campaigns, etc.).
Deadline for the implementation of fellows’ scientific researches and supported projects is 12-18 months from the day of signing of the Contract.
Competition is open from 12 December 2016 until 1 April 2017.